How would you achieve a less stressful life? We’ve come with a quickfire list of 50 easy to edigest tips which when applied will level you up immediately.
Implement one at a time to see where they can help you.
1. Contemplate death daily
2. Contemplate the odds of your being alive daily
3. Re-frame your stressors
4. Practise mental presence under-fire
5. List your fears then face a low grade version and keep progressing
6. Search your past for stories of overcoming adversity and write them down
7. What’s the worst that could happen?
8. If the worst happens how would you get back to where you are now?
9. What would this look like if it were easy?
10. What would make this more fun?
11. Sleep more
12. Drink less coffee / caffeine
13. Drink less alcohol
14. Exercise daily
15. Isolate your core strengths and go all in on them.
16. Define your values
17. Challenge the beliefs that lead to your fears
18. Re-frame. Negative emotions are your friend, pay attention to them, they are alarms. Explore them on paper.
19. Speak your emotions Out-load, your brain will more quickly resolve them.
20. Digital detox
21. Will this matter in 5 years?
22. Practise fasting
23. Practise cold exposure
24. Practise heat exposure
25. Worry once! Then write it down, worrying more than once about the same thing is insane.
26. Find a coach- it’s the fastest route to rapid progress.
27. Silence your monkey mind– count your way into new challenges.
28. Get clear on why you do what you do
29. Get clear on what you are trying to achieve -purpose.
30. Stop doing things that don’t contribute to your purpose.
31. What will you do if you fail?
32. Celebrate your victories.
33. Practise active appreciation
34. Document your daily successes (3)
35. Your mind doesn’t feel, your body does, notice your thoughts and challenge them.
36. Practise not making assumptions.
37. Be useful.
38. Monitor your words and correct them when necessary.
39. Build a feel good music play list.
40. Build a feel good tv, movie and book list.
41. List what makes up a great day and do those things first.
42. A fictional, inaccurate and inconsistent version of who you are exists in the imagination of everyone you have touch in any way based on their own values, beliefs and circumstances. Attempting to live up to all of those is of course impossible. Create your own definition of who you are and attempt to live up to those instead.
43. Write and price up your dream life.
44. Collect the data, lose the drama.
45. Puzzles not problems.
46. Get perspective, we all diet in the end.
47. Don’t worry about completing whole lists, instead select which items on the list will get you most of the results.
48. Keep some motivation in front of you for when you need it most.
49. Remember it might not be your fault, but it is your responsibility.
50. Take 6 deep breaths in with relaxed out breaths then respond.